Gomed gemstone, worn for astrological reasons and as a studded ornament, deserves careful cleaning to maintain its natural lustre and beauty. Keep reading to know about this precious jewellery stone and how you can take care of it and keep it shining forever.
Gomed gemstone is constituted of Calcium Aluminium Silicate and is yellowish-orange in colour. This gemstone has a low density and is relatively less hard than other garnet stones. Also known as Hessonite, Gomad is worn for mitigating the negative effect of the Rahu planet. Astrologically, wearing Gomed gemstone is considered helpful in case of business failure and financial loss.
Gomed: A Brilliant Gemstone
Apart from India, Gomed gemstone is found in Sri Lanka, Thailand, Austria, France, Siberia, the United States, and Brazil. It dazzles brilliantly after its right cut. More of its properties are –
- Chemical Formula: X3Y2(SiO4)3
- Refractive Index: 1.780 – 1.889
- Crystal Classification: Isometric
- Lustre: Resinous/Vitreous
- Hardness Range: 6.5 – 8.5
- Specific Gravity: 3.1 – 4.3
Taking Care of Gomed Stone and Its Studded Ornaments
Gomed gemstone is worn for astrological reasons and as a jewel too. The faint honey colour of this stone gels beautifully with gold, silver, and platinum metal to be studded in the necklace, rings, and bracelet.
It is equally important to take good care of this gemstone because of its low density and less hard constitution. Here are some tips to keep Gomed shining brilliantly for long, without affecting its physical properties –
- The only things required for the safe cleaning of Gomed are a bowl of soapy water and a soft toothbrush. Scrub the stone softly with toothbrush bristles and then wipe gently with soft cloth cotton.
- Never wash it in ammonia, spirit, or any other chemical as it may damage it irreparably.
- Gomed gemstone, when worn in a ring or other ornaments, may gather sweat, grime, dust, make-up dust, or even skin oils. Gently clean these deposits regularly.
- Do not soak Gomed for too long in water for cleaning. This may loosen the grip of the stone from its metal brackets.
More Tips for Safety of Gomed Gemstone
- Store Gomed in a single box to avoid its abrasion with other stones or ornaments. Wrap it in a soft muslin cloth or tissue paper to keep moisture away.
- Do not expose Gomed gemstone to stark sunlight lest its colour may change.
- Keep Gomed rings and bracelets away while cooking as exposure to heat may change its physical properties.
- Do not spray perfume or deodorant directly on Gomed stone. So, wear your Gomed studded ornament after spraying the perfume.
- Put away your gemstone jewellery if going for a swim. The chlorine in the pool water may deteriorate its finesse.
- Never smear toothpaste on Gomed stone for its cleaning. It may scuff its surface coarsely.
Follow the suggested tips for the upkeep of your precious Gomed gemstone. Let it dazzling brightly to keep you beautiful and your stars happy!